Herb 12 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Bitter, Sweet, Warm
Caulis Milletiae Seu Spatholobi
Chicken Blood Vine
- Moves and Tonifies Blood
Important herb for gynecological disorders including dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, irregular menses due to Blood stasis or deficiency.
- Opens the Channels and Relaxes the Tendons
For numbness, Bi Zheng, musculoskeletal pain, low back pain, knee pain, or joint soreness from Wind-Damp with Blood Deficiency or stasis. For paralysis or vertigo due to Blood Stasis or Wind-Stroke.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use during hypermenorrhea
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 9-15 grams in decoction (Bensky)
- 10-15 grams in decoction, maximum does is 30 grams (Chen)