Herb 7 of 29 in Herbs that Clear Heat and Eliminate Toxins
- Clears Heat and Toxins, Reduces Abscesses
Especially important for intestinal abscesses with signs of heat, toxin, and stagnation. Also treats appendicitis and skin lesions with swelling and heat signs.
- Dispels Blood Stagnation and Relieves Pain
For sharp pain including trauma, sports injuries and dysmenorrheal
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnanacy.
- Inhibits blood clotting, so beware of herb drug interactions.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 10-15 grams in decoction with a maximum dose of 30 Grams (Chen)
- 9-15 Grams in decoction (Bensky)