Herb 9 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Flos Carthami Tinctorii
- Invigorates the Blood, Eliminates Blood Stasis, Regulates Menses, Nourishes Blood
For most blood stasis patterns including gynecological disorders, chest pain, and abdominal masses and pain, as well as dermatological problems. It treats amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, postpartum pain, trauma and sports injuries, skin sores, carbuncles, measles, stillbirth, and difficult labor.
- Opens Channels
For joint pain or paralysis
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not overdose, it may cause excess bleeding
- Hong Hua may interfere with Anti-Coagulating drugs.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Overdose will cause headaches, nausea, dilated pupils, and an increase in intraocular pressure. Skin allergies and anaphylactic shock have been reported.
- Large doses have been taken for long periods without any harm.
- 3-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
- 3-10 Grams in decoction( Chen)
- Small dose will harmonize and nourish, large dose will disperse stasis
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: