Herb 8 of 19 in Herbs that Cool and Transform Phlegm-Heat
KI, LIV, LU, ST
Bitter, Salty, Cold
- Softens Hardness, Dissolves Phlegm
For scrofula, goiters and nodules, thyroiditis, lymphadenitis, hernia and enlargement of scrotum and testicles
- Promotes Urination, Reduces Edema and Swelling, Regulates Waterways
For edema due to Leg Qi. Also for beriberi and dysuria.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use with Gan Cao
- Use with caution in Spleen and Stomach Qi Deficiency
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 10-15 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 6-15 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
This herb is incompatible with: