Herb 14 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
Sweet, Bland, Neutral
Sclerotii Poriae Cocos
- Promote Urination and Reduce Edema
It is for urinary difficulties and it is better for skin edema than Fu Ling. Also for abdominal distension by facilitating the water pathways.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Use with caution in cases of Yin deficiency or spermatorrhea
- None noted but this herb has a diuretic effect and care should be used when taken with other diuretics
Toxicity and Overdose
- None noted, but allergic reaction to Fu Ling have been noted with symptoms including itching, rashes, vertigo, nausea, and achy extremities.
- 10-15 grams in decoction 12
- 15-30 grams in decoction 13
- Fu Ling Pi is less tonifying than Fu Ling but has a stronger diuretic effect without draining the Qi.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: