Herb 5 of 21 in Herbs that Dispel Wind-Dampness
Bitter, Spicy, Warm
Radix Angelicae Pubescentis
Self Reliant Existence
- Dispels Wind-Damp and Relieves Pain
For pain in the low back and knees and chronic or acute aches and pains in the extremities and joints. This herb is best for low body aches and pain.
- Releases the Exterior, Dispels Wind-Cold-Damp
For headache, chills, fever, joint pain, muscles aches and pain, aversion to cold, heavy sensation. Also for toothaches or headache of Lesser Yin Stage.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Use with caution in cases with Yin or Blood Deficiency
- Do not use in cases with Liver Wind
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Overdose can lead to poisoning with symptoms including tachypnea, agitation, hallucinations, delirium, generalized titanic spasms, total paralysis and death
- 3-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
- 3-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: