Herb 9 of 28 in Herbs that Regulate Water and Drain Dampness
Dong Kui Guo, Kui Zi
- Promotes Urination
For painful urinary dribbling with heat, blood, or stones. Also for edema with constipation.
- Promotes Lactation, Benefits the Breasts
For insufficient lactation, swollen breasts, and pain in the breasts.
- Moistens the Intestines
For constipation due to lack of yin
Contraindications and Cautions
- Use with caution in cases with loose stools due to Cold or Spleen Deficiency.
- Use with caution in pregnant mothers
- Care should be used in patients taking diuretics like Lasix.
Toxicity and Overdose
- None noted at normal dosage.
- Overdose can lead to hallucinations, delirious speech, double vision, and mild excitation
- 10-15 grams in decoction for Dong Kui Zi 12
- 3-9 grams in decoction for Dong Kui Guo 13
- The fruit is a papery covering over the seeds.
- This herb promotes both urination, bowel movement, and lactation due to its sweet, bland, cold and slippery nature.