Herb 2 of 34 in Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Bitter, Sour, Neutral
Radix Cyathula Officinalis
Ox Knee From Sichuan
- Invigorates the Blood, Dispels Blood Stagnation
This is one of the strongest herbs for blood stasis leading to gynecological disorders including irregular menses, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, postpartum abdominal pain and difficult labor. Also for musculoskeletal pain and trauma.
- Promotes Urination and Drains Damp
For painful and burning urination as well as hematuria. It dispels damp heat and blood stagnation in the lower Jiao.
- Directs Fire and Blood Downward
For hematemesis, epistaxis, toothache, ulcers on the tongue and mouth, headache and dizziness associated with fire flaring upward and abnormal bleeding.
- Tonifies Liver and Kidney, Strengthens Tendon and Bone, Expel Wind Damp
One of the most important herbs for chronic back ache with weak and or sore knees. Treats atrophy and spasms of the low back and lower extremities.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use during excessive menstruation
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- 3-10 grams in decoction, 1-1.5 Grams in powder (Chen)
- 4.5-9 Grams in decoction (Bensky)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: