Herb 4 of 15 in Herbs that Warm the Interior and Expel Cold
Spicy, Hot, Slightly Toxic
Pericarpium Zanthoxyli Bungeani
Hua Jiao, Qin Jiao, Shu Jiao, Ba Jiao, Hong Jiao
- Warms the Middle Jiao, Alleviates Pain, and Stops Diarrhea
For cold from deficiency in the Stomach and Spleen with symptoms such as cold abdomen, pain in the epigastria and abdomen, and diarrhea. Also for toothache.
- Kills Parasites
For intestinal parasites such as roundworms causing abdominal pain and vomiting. Chuan Jiao can also be used for parasitic skin infections such as eczema and pruritus.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases of Excess Heat or Yin Deficiency.
- Use with caution during pregnancy.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic (while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity).
- This herb is used both internally and topically.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: