Herb 1 of 19 in Herbs that Cool and Transform Phlegm-Heat
Bitter, Sweet, Cool
Bulbus Fritillariae Cirrhosae
Shell Mother from Sichuan
- Dissolves Phlegm, Moistens the Lungs, Clears Heat, and Stops Cough
For dry chronic cough or cough with heat signs from Yin deficiency, with symptoms such as dry cough, sputum that is scanty and difficult to expectorate, and possible blood streaked sputum.
Chaun Bei Mu can also be used to treat cough together with Qi Stagnation with symptoms such as low appetite and a stifling sensation in the chest and abdomen.
- Clears Heat and Disperses Nodules
For Phlegm Heat or Phlegm Fire causing Lung or breast abscesses, scrofula, goiter, sores, and other swellings and nodules.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in cases where cough or phlegm is due to Damp or Cold.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- Unprocessed Chuan Bei Mu is toxic and should not be taken internally.
- 3-10 grams (1-1.5 Grams when in powdered form)
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
This herb is incompatible with:
Fu Zi (Radix Lateralis Praeparatus Aconiti Carmichaeli)
Cao Wu (Radix Aconiti Kusnezoffii Preparata)
Chuan Wu (Radix Aconiti Preparata)