Herb 1 of 22 in Herbs that Astringe, Stabilize, Bind
Sweet, Bitter, Astringent, Neutral, Slightly Toxic
Semen Ginkgonis Bilobae
- Stops Wheezing and Dispels Phlegm
For asthma, wheezing, dyspnea, and chronic cough with copious sputum due to heat, phlegm, or Lung Deficiency. Also treats Lung Qi Deficiency causing loss of voice. Can be combined with heat and phlegm clearing herbs to treat excess conditions.
- Astringes and Stabilizes Leakage and Dispels Dampness in the Lower Jiao
For clear or yellow leukorrhea, spermatorrhea, incontinence, and frequent urination. Can be used in cases of Damp-Heat or Deficiency.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use in excess conditions or with exterior patterns.
- Do not use in the initial stages of cough.
- Do not use with sticky, viscous phlegm due to Yin Deficiency.
- As this herb is slightly toxic, it should not be used long term, or in large quantities.
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic (while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity).
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: