Herb 1 of 6 in Harsh Expellants
Spicy, Hot, Toxic
- Unblocks and Drastically Purges Interior Cold Accumulation
For constipation, distention, fullness, and pain.
- Regulates Water Metabolism
For ascites and edema.
- Frees Blocked Phlegm and Helps the Throat
For wheezing, difficult breathing, chest fullness and distention. Also for phlegm misting the orifices.
- Helps Heal Ulcers and Abscesses
To help accelerate ulcerating. Also used for furuncles, warts, dermatitis, and phagedena.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Do not use during pregnancy. This herb has been shown to cause teratogenic (birth defects) effects.
- Do not use in weak patients
- Do not use with Qian Niu Zi
- Avoid hot liquids
- This section is being researched, and is not completed.
Toxicity and Overdose
- This herb is considered toxic (while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity).
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas:
This herb antagonizes or is antagonized by: