Herb 21 of 34 in
Herbs that Invigorate Blood and Remove Stagnation
Semen Vaccariae Segetalis
wáng bù liú xíng
Chinese Herb Actions
Moves Blood, Opens Channels
Unblocks menses in cases of amenorrhea. Also for dysmenorrheal, irregular menses, and Bi Zheng by moving blood which opens blockages in the channels. For arthritis due to blocks in the channels and collaterals.
- Reduces Swelling, Promotes Lactations, Drains Abscesses
Treats painful swellings of breasts and testicles. Commonly used for breast disorders like insufficient lactation and breast abscesses and swellings.
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Do not use during pregnancy
- Do not use during hypermenorrhea
- Do not use during excess bleeding
- Caution for deficient patients
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- None Noted
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 4.5-9 grams in decoction (Bensky)
- 6-10 grams in decoction (Chen)
Chinese Herb Notes
- Can initiate labor due to bitterness inducing a strong downward direction/action