Herb 5 of 15 in
Herbs that Tonify Yin
black Semen Sesame Indici
Hu Ma Ren, Ju Sheng Zi, Zi Ma
Chinese Herb Actions
Tonifies Liver and Kidneys, Tonifies Jing and Blood
For blurred vision, dizziness, tinnitus, premature graying hair, recovery from long term illness, and increase breast milk production. Also for headaches and numbness due to blood or Yin deficiency
- Lubricates the Intestines, Moistens Dryness
For constipation or dry stools due to lack of Yin or Blood
Chinese Herb Contraindications & Cautions
Do Not use in cases of diarrhea due to Spleen Deficiency
- Use with caution in cases with toothache due to Fire Rising
Chinese Herb Toxicity & Overdose
- Overdose may lead to loose stools and diarrhea.
- Possible allergic reactions include asthma, prutitus, urticaria, cough, sweating, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, sneezing, and itchy troat.
- Section not completed...
Chinese Herb Dosage
- 10-30 grams in decoction 12
- 9-30 grams in decoction 13
Chinese Herb Notes
- The oil of Hei Zhi Ma (sesame oil) can be used topically for acute burns.
- Crushed Hei Zhi Ma can be used topically for insect bites and sores.
This Herb Appears in the Following Formulas: