Wu Zhu Yu Tang (Evodia Decoction)
Formula 6 of 10 in Formulas that Warm Interior Cold
Buy This Medicine
- Formulas that Warm the Channels and Disperse Cold
- Middle Jiao Cold (ST) from deficiency with Liver or Kidney Channel Cold
- Tonifies and warms the Liver and Stomach
- Descends rebellious Stomach Qi and stops vomiting.
- Stomach Cold with rebellious Qi: Immediate nausea and vomiting after eating, acid reflux, abdominal or epigastric pain or fullness, and gnawing hunger
- Jue Yin Channel Cold (Liver): Vertex headache, dry heaves, or spitting of clear fluids.
- Shao Yin Channel Cold (Kidney): Watery diarrhea and vomiting with cold hands and feet. Severe mental agitation.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale with a white slippery coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Wiry slow pulse
- Weak pulse
- Acute and Chronic Gastritis
- Morning Sickness
- Neurogenic Headache
- Meniere's Disease
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of acid regurgitation or vomiting due to heat
- In cases of severe vomiting, this formula should be taken at room temperature to help prevent vomiting of the formula.
- Possible side effects of this formula include dizziness, headache, and chest discomfort.
- This formula contains one or more toxic substances.
While some Chinese herbs are toxic, many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity.
- Decoction. Modern dosage is usually decreased to protect the middle burner.
- Dang Shen can be substituted for Ren Shen with 2-3 times the dosage, and Da Zao is usually decreased to 4 pieces.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Stomach, Spleen, Kidneys, Liver, Lungs
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Wu Zhu Yu (Qty: 9-12 grams)
KI, LIV, SP, ST
Spicy, Bitter, Hot, Slightly Toxic, Very Dry
Fructus Evodiae Rutaecarpae
wú zhū yú
Sheng Jiang (Qty: 18 grams)
LU, SP, ST
uncooked Rhizoma Zingiberis
Ren Shen (Qty: 9 grams)
Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Slightly Warm
Da Zao (Qty: 12 pieces)
Fructus Zizyphi Jujubae
Hong Zao, Hei Da Zao, Hei Zao
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
If you found this page interesting, please share it!