Formula 6 of 17 in Formulas that Stabilize and Bind
- Formulas that Stabilize the Exterior and the Lungs
- Tonifies and warms the Spleen and Kidneys.
- Astringes the intestines and stops diarrhea.
- Diarrhea with undigested food that occurs around sunrise (cocks-crow diarrhea).
- Loss of appetite, cold limbs, soreness in the lower back, fatigue, lethargy, and possible abdominal pain with a sensation of cold.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale tongue with thin white coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Slow, deep, and weak pulse
- Chronic or Habitual Diarrhea Before Dawn in Chronic Colitis
- Chronic Dysentery
- Intestinal Tuberculosis
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases where diarrhea is due to Damp-Heat or food stagnation
- Pills. Grind all ingredients into an even powder, cook with 240 grams of Sheng Jiang and 100 pieces of Da Zao. After cooking, remove Sheng Jiang and form the rest of the ingredients into pills.
- 9-12 grams are taken at bedtime.
- Can be prepared as a decoction with an appropriate reduction in dosages.
Originally Appeared In:
- Standards of Patterns and Treatments (Zheng Zhi Zhun Sheng)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Spleen, Kidneys, Stomach, Liver, Large Intestine, Lungs, Heart
There are 4 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Spicy, Bitter, Very Warm
Fructus Psoraleae Corylifoliae
Tonify Bone Resin
KI, LIV, SP, ST
Spicy, Bitter, Hot, Slightly Toxic, Very Dry
Fructus Evodiae Rutaecarpae
Semen Myristicae Fragrantis
Nan Wu Wei Zi (Schisandra Sphenanthera Rehd. et Wils.) Shown
Fructus Schisandrae Chinensis
Five Flavored Seed
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: