Formula 14 of 14 in Formulas that Drain Downward
- Formulas that Purge Heat Accumulation
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Section not completed...
- This formula contains one or more toxic substances.
While some Chinese herbs are toxic, many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity.
- Powder or pills. Grind Gan Sui, Jing Da Ji, and Yuan Hua into an even powder. Take in 0.5-1 Gram doses in the morning on an empty stomach with a warm decoction made from Da Zao.
- This formula should cause 5-6 bowel movements a day, if fewer than 1-2 bowel movements a day, another dose can be administered one to two days later.
Originally Appeared In:
- On Cold Damage (Shang Han Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Large Intestine, Kidneys, Spleen, Heart, Liver
There are 3 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Gan Sui (Qty: Equal quantity each herb)
Bitter, Sweet, Cold, Toxic
Radix Euphorbiae Kansui
Da Ji (Qty: Equal quantity each herb (Jing Da Ji))
Herba Cirsii Japonici
Yuan Hua (Qty: Equal quantity each herb)
Bitter, Spicy, Warm, Toxic
Flos Daphnis Genkwae
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: