Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang (Tonify the Middle and Augment the Qi Decoction)
Formula 4 of 30 in Formulas that Tonify
Buy This Medicine
- Formulas that Tonify the Qi
- Middle Jiao (Spleen and Stomach) Qi Deficiency
- Tonifies Spleen Qi and the Middle Jiao
- Raises sunken Yang and counters prolapse.
- Fever that is worse upon exertion
- Weariness, fatigue, weak limbs, and headache.
- Watery, soft, or loose stools.
- Spontaneous sweating, shortness of breath, pale complexion, tendency to curl up, and laconic speech.
- Dislike of cold and a desire for warm drinks.
- Absence of taste.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale swollen tongue with teeth marks and white coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Empty, weak, and flooding pulse
- Rectum and Uterus Prolapse
- Uterine Bleeding
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Corneal Ulcers
- Cerebral Arteriosclerosis
- Pernicious Anemia
- Chronic Nephritis
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of heat due to Yin Deficiency
- Decoction. 2-3 times the dosage of Dang Shen is commonly substituted for Ren Shen.
Originally Appeared In:
- Discussion of the Spleen and Stomach (Pi Wei Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Spleen, Stomach, Heart, Liver, Large Intestine, Pericardium, Gall Bladder
There are 8 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Huang Qi (Qty: 12-24 grams)
Sweet, Slightly Warm
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Ren Shen (Qty: 9-12 grams)
Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Slightly Warm
Bai Zhu (Qty: 9-12 grams)
Bitter, Sweet, Warm
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
Zhi Gan Cao (Qty: 3-6 grams)
All 12 Channels
zhì gān căo
Dang Gui (Qty: 6-12 grams)
HT, LIV, SP
Sweet, Spicy, Bitter, Warm
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
State of Return
Chen Pi (Qty: 6-9 grams)
LU, SP, ST
Spicy, Bitter, Warm, Aromatic
Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae
Ju Pi, Guang Chen Pi, Xin Hui Pi
Sheng Ma (Qty: 3-6 grams)
LI, LU, SP, ST
Sweet, Spicy, Cool
Chai Hu (Qty: 3-9 grams)
GB, LIV, PER, TB
Bitter, Spicy, Cool
Kindling of the Barbarians
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
If you found this page interesting, please share it!