Formula 3 of 30 in Formulas that Tonify
- Formulas that Tonify the Qi
- Middle Jiao (Spleen and Stomach) Qi Deficiency
- Tonifies Spleen Qi and the Middle Jiao
- Raises sunken Yang and counters prolapse.
- Fever that is worse upon exertion
- Weariness, fatigue, weak limbs, and headache.
- Watery, soft, or loose stools.
- Spontaneous sweating, shortness of breath, pale complexion, tendency to curl up, and laconic speech.
- Dislike of cold and a desire for warm drinks.
- Absence of taste.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale swollen tongue with teeth marks and white coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Empty, weak, and flooding pulse
- Rectum and Uterus Prolapse
- Uterine Bleeding
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Recurrent Miscarriage
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Corneal Ulcers
- Cerebral Arteriosclerosis
- Pernicious Anemia
- Chronic Nephritis
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Do not use in cases of heat due to Yin Deficiency
- Decoction. 2-3 times the dosage of Dang Shen is commonly substituted for Ren Shen.
Originally Appeared In:
- Discussion of the Spleen and Stomach (Pi Wei Lun)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Spleen, Stomach, Heart, Liver, Large Intestine, Pericardium, Gall Bladder
There are 8 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Huang Qi (Qty: 12-24 grams)
Sweet, Slightly Warm
Radix Astragali Membranacei
Ren Shen (Qty: 9-12 grams)
Sweet, Slightly Bitter, Slightly Warm
Bai Zhu (Qty: 9-12 grams)
Bitter, Sweet, Warm
Rhizoma Atractylodis Macrocephalae
All 12 Channels
Dang Gui (Qty: 6-12 grams)
Sweet, Spicy, Bitter, Warm
Radix Angelicae Sinensis
State of Return
Chen Pi (Qty: 6-9 grams)
Spicy, Bitter, Warm, Aromatic
Pericarpium Citri Reticulatae
Ju Pi, Guang Chen Pi, Xin Hui Pi
Sheng Ma (Qty: 3-6 grams)
Sweet, Spicy, Cool
Chai Hu (Qty: 3-9 grams)
GB, LIV, PER, TB
Bitter, Spicy, Cool
Kindling of the Barbarians
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
Sacred Lotus can compare the Chinese herbs in this formula to all other formulas on the website. Formula archetypes will list of formulas that have similar herbs, ranked by the number of herbs that match: