Bai Ye Tang (Biota Twig Decoction)
Formula 9 of 9 in Formulas that Stop Bleeding
- Formulas that Clear Heat and Stop Bleeding
- Yang Deficiency causing Cold which impairs the Spleen Qi from governing the Blood
- Warms Spleen Yang, Clears Liver Fire, and stops bleeding
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale tongue with thin coat
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Rapid forceless pulse
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- None Noted
- Decoction. Pao Jiang is commonly substituted for Gan Jiang.
- The urine of boys under 12 years of age can be added to this formula to enhance it's stop bleeding effect by moving blood downward.
Originally Appeared In:
- Essentials from the Golden Cabinet (Jin Gui Yao Lue)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Large Intestine, Liver, Stomach, Spleen, Heart, Kidneys
There are 3 Substances in this Chinese Medicne
Ce Bai Ye (Qty: 9 grams)
LU, LIV, LI.
Bitter, Astringent, Slightly Cold
Cacumen Biotae Orientalis
cè băi yè
Flat Fir Leaves
Gan Jiang (Qty: 9 grams)
HT, LU, SP, ST
dry Rhizoma Zingiberis
Ai Ye (Qty: 9-12 grams)
SP, LIV, KI
Bitter, Spicy, Warm
Artemisiae Argyi Folium
Find Similar Chinese Formulas
If you found this page interesting, please share it!