ST-42 (Chong Yang) Surging Yang
Acupuncture Points on the Stomach Channel of Foot Yang Ming
- Yuan (Source) Point
- Clears heat from the Stomach channel
- Harmonizes the Stomach fu
- Calms the spirit
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Pain of the upper teeth, redness and swelling of the dorsum of the foot, facial paralysis, muscular atrophy and motor impairment of the foot.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the dorsum of the foot, in the depression formed by the junction of the second and third metatarsal bones and the cuneiform bones (second and third), 1.5 cun distal to Jiexi ST-41, on the line drawn between Jiexi ST-41 and Xiangu ST-43, at the point where the pulsation of the dorsalis pedis artery may be palpated.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the dome of the instep of the foot, between the tendons of long extensor muscle of the great toe and long extensor muscle of toes, where the pulsation of the dorsal artery of foot is palpable.
- Avoid puncturing the artery. Puncture perpendicularly 0.3-0.5 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!