ST-31 (Bi Guan) Thigh Joint
Acupuncture Points on the Stomach Channel of Foot Yang Ming
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Dispels wind-damp
- Pain in the thigh, muscular atrophy, motor impairment, numbness and pain of the lower extremities.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the upper thigh, in a depression just lateral to the sartorius muscle, at the junction of a vertical line drawn downward from the anterior superior iliac spine, and a horizontal line drawn level with the lower border of the pubic symphysis.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior side of the thigh and on the line connecting the anterosuperior iliac spine and the superolateral corner of the patella, on the level of the perineum when the thigh is flexed in the depression lateral to the sartorius muscle.
- Puncture perpendicularly 1.0-1.5 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.