SP-16 (Fu Ai) Abdominal Lament
Acupuncture Points on the Spleen Channel of Foot Tai Yin
- Meeting Point of the Spleen Channel with the Yin Linking Vessel
- Regulates the intestines
- Abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation, dysentery.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the abdomen, in the depression at the lateral border of the rectus abdominis muscle, 3 cun superior to Daheng SP-15.
Note: in some patients with a narrow subcostal angle, this point may fall on the costal margin; the options then are to i. locate more medially, ii. needle transversely on the costal margin, iii. select a different point.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: 3 cun above the centre of the umbilicus, and 4 cun lateral to the anterior midline.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!