REN-10 (Xia Wan) Lower Venter
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Spleen Channel
Common and Key Uses:
- Food retention
- Harmonizes the Stomach and regulates Qi
- Dispels food stagnation
- Epigastric pain, abdominal pain, borborygmus, indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the abdomen, 2 cun above the umbilicus and 6 cun below the sternocostal angle.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior midline, 2 cun above the umbilicus.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!