REN-09 (Shui Fen) Water Divide
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Regulates the water passages and treats edema
- Harmonizes the intestines and dispels accumulation
- Abdominal pain, borborygmus, edema, retention of the urine, diarrhea.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the abdomen, 1 cun above the umbilicus and 7 cun below the sternocostal angle.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior midline, 1 cun above the umbilicus.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.