REN-03 (Zhong Ji) Central Pole
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Spleen, Liver, and Kidney Channels
- Front Mu of the Bladder
Common and Key Uses:
- Damp-Heat urinary disorders
- Benefits the Bladder, regulates Qi transformation and drains damp-heat
- Drains dampness and treats leucorrhoea
- Benefits the uterus and regulates menstruation
- Dispels stagnation and benefits the lower jiao
- Fortifies the Kidneys
- Enuresis, nocturnal emission, impotence, hernia, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, morbid leukorrhea, frequency of urination, retention of urine, pain in the lower abdomen, prolapse of the uterus, vaginitis.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the midline of the lower abdomen, 4 cun inferior to the umbilicus and 1 cun superior to the pubic symphysis.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: On the anterior midline, 4 cun below the umbilicus.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!