P-04 (Xi Men) Cleft Gate
Acupuncture Points on the Pericardium Channel of Hand Jue Yin
- Xi (Cleft) Point
Common and Key Uses:
- Stagnation of the Blood in the chest and Heart with Heart, neck, and left arm pain
- Invigorates blood and dispels stasis
- Cools blood and stops bleeding
- Calms the spirit
- Moderates acute conditions
- Cardiac pain, palpitation, epistaxis, hematemesis, haemoptysis chest pain, furuncle, epilepsy.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the flexor aspect of the forearm, 5 cun proximal to Daling P-7, on the line connecting Daling P-7 and Quze P-3, between the tendons of palmaris longus and flexor carpi radialis.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: 5 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist, on the line connecting Quze (PER-3) and Daling (PER-7), between the tendons of m. palmaris longus and m. flexor carpi radialis.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.