LU-09 (Tai Yuan) Great Abyss
Acupuncture Points on the Lung Channel of Hand Tai Yin
- Yuan (Source) Point
- Shu-Stream & Earth Point
- Hui-Meeting Point of the Vessels
Common and Key Uses:
- As this is the Earth (Mother) point on the Metal Channel, it is the primary point on the Lung channel to treat Lung deficiency by tonifying the Lung Qi and Yin.
- Tonifies the Lung and transforms phlegm
- Promotes the descending function of the Lung
- Regulates and harmonizes the one hundred vessels
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Chronic Weak Cough, wheezing, asthma, hemoptysis, sore throat, palpitation, pain in the chest, wrist and arm.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: At the wrist joint, in the depression between the radial artery and the tendon of abductor pollicis longus, level with Shenmen HE-7 (the proximal border of the pisiform bone).
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: At the radial end of the transverse crease of the wrist, in the depression on the lateral side of the radial artery.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.2-0.3 inch. Avoid puncturing the radial artery. Moxibustion is applicable.