LU-01 (Zhong Fu) Central Treasury, Central Residence
Acupuncture Points on the Lung Channel of Hand Tai Yin
- Meeting Point of the Lung and Spleen Channels
- Front Mu of the Lungs
- Disseminates and descends Lung Qi and alleviates cough and wheezing
- Transforms phlegm, clears heat and regulates the water passages
- Descends Stomach Qi
- Cough, asthma, pain in the chest, shoulder and back, fullness in the chest
- As the entry point of the Lung Channel and the meeting point with the Spleen channel, LU-01 (Zhong Fu) is where the Ying Qi begins it's cycle throughout the channels.
- A Manual of Acupuncture: On the lateral aspect of the chest, in the first intercostal space, 6 cun lateral to the midline, 1 cun inferior to Yunmen LU-2.
- Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Latero-superior to the sternum, 1 cun below Yunmen (LU-2), at the level of the first intercostal space, 6 cun lateral to the anterior midline.
- Puncture obliquely 0.5-0.8 inch towards the lateral aspect of the chest. To avoid injuring the lung, never puncture deeply towards the medial aspect. Moxibustion is applicable.
If you found this page interesting, please share it!