Hei Xi Dan (Lead Special Pill)
Formula 10 of 10 in Formulas that Warm Interior Cold
- Formulas that Warm the Channels and Disperse Cold
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Pale tongue with a white slippery tongue coating
Possible Pulse Patterns:
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- This formula should not be taken for more than a few days to avoid lead poisoning.
- This formula contains one or more toxic substances (while some Chinese herbs are toxic, it must be noted that many come prepared, or are combined, to mitigate their toxicity).
- Pills. Dry-fry the lead and the sulphur together, then grind the ingredients into an even powder and form in to pills with wine.
- 3-9 grams daily with warm water.
Originally Appeared In:
- Imperial Grace Formulary of the Tai Ping Era (Tai Ping Hui Min He Ji Ju Fang)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Large Intestine, Kidneys, Pericardium, Spleen, Heart, Liver, Stomach, Gall Bladder, Small Intestine
Substances in this Formula (12 Total):