Gui Zhi Fu Ling Wan (Cinnamon Twig and Poria Pill)
Formula 9 of 13 in Formulas that Invigorate the Blood
- Formulas that Invigorate the Blood and Dispel Blood Stasis
- Invigorates the blood and transforms blood stagnation
- Regulates the menses and reduces lower abdominal lumps and masses that are fixed in nature.
- Blood stagnation in the Uterus: Fixed lumps or masses in the lower abdomen with pain and tenderness, especially with pressure Dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, uterine fibroids, and postpartum retention of the lochia.
- Blood stagnation in the uterus during pregnancy: Persistent but mild uterine bleeding during pregnancy with purple or dark blood. Abdominal pain and spasms, abdominal tension and tenderness, and restless fetus syndrome.
Possible Tongue Appearance:
- Purple tongue body with dark or purple spots on the sides
Possible Pulse Patterns:
- Choppy pulse, possibly wiry, and slippery when pregnant
- Adnexitis (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease)
- Ovarian Cyst
- Post Partum Bleeding
- Retention of Lochia
- Irregular Menstruation
Cautions, Contraindications, Herb Drug Interactions:
- Use with extreme caution during pregnancy, only after confirming diagnosis
- Decoction. Bai Shao or Chi Shao can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
Originally Appeared In:
- Essentials from the Golden Cabinet (Jin Gui Yao Lue)
Combined Channels of all herbs in this formula:
- Lungs, Heart, Bladder, Spleen, Liver, Kidneys, Large Intestine, Stomach
Substances in this Formula (5 Total):