SP-12 (Chong Men) Surging Gate
Acupuncture Points on the Spleen Channel of Foot Tai Yin
- Meeting Point of the Spleen and Liver Channels with the Yin Linking Vessel
- Invigorates blood, regulates Qi and alleviates pain
- Drains damp, clears heat and regulates urination
- Abdominal pain, hernia, dysuria.
- Superior to the lateral end of the inguinal groove, lateral to the pulsating external iliac artery, at the level of the upper border of symphysis pubis, 3.5 cun lateral to Qugu (REN-2).
- 3.5 cun lateral to Qugu REN-2, on the lateral side of the femoral artery.
- Avoid puncturing the artery. Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.