SP-06 (San Yin Jiao) Three Yin Intersection
Acupuncture Points on the Spleen Channel of Foot Tai Yin
- Meeting Point of the Spleen, Liver, and Kidney Channels
- Tonifies the Spleen and Stomach
- Resolves dampness
- Harmonizes the Liver and tonifies the Kidneys
- Regulates menstruation and induces labor
- Harmonizes the lower jiao
- Regulates urination and benefits the genitals Calms the spirit
- Invigorates blood
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Abdominal pain, borborygmus, abdominal distension, diarrhea, dysmenorrhea, irregular menstruation, uterine bleeding, morbid leukorrhea, prolapse of the uterus, sterility, delayed labor, nocturnal emission, impotence, enuresis, dysuria, edema, hernia, pain in the external genitalia, muscular atrophy, motor impairment, paralysis and pain of the lower extremities, headache, dizziness and vertigo, insomnia.
- 3 cun directly above the tip of the medial malleolus, posterior to the medial border of the tibia.
- On the medial side of the lower leg, 3 cun superior to the prominence of the medial malleolus, in a depression close to the medial crest of the tibia.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.
Acupuncture on this point is contraindicated in pregnant women.