SJ-18 (Chi Mai) Spasm Vessel
Acupuncture Points on the San Jiao Channel of Hand Shao Yang
- Benefits the ears
- Calms fright and pacifies wind
- Headache, tinnitus, deafness, infantile convulsion.
- In the centre of the mastoid process, at the junction of the middle and lower third of the curve formed by Yifeng (SJ-17) and Jiaosun (SJ-20) posterior to the helix.
- Posterior to the ear, in a small depression on the mastoid bone, one third of the distance along a curved line drawn from Yifeng SJ-17 to Jiaosun SJ-20 following the line of the rim of the ear.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3-0.5 inch or prick with a three-edged needle to cause bleeding. Moxibustion is applicable.