REN-17 (Shan Zhong) Chest Center
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Hui-Meeting Point of the Qi, Point of the Sea of Qi, Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Spleen, Kidney, Small Intestine and Sanjiao Channels
- Front Mu of the Pericardium
Common and Key Uses:
- Regulates Qi and unbinds the chest
- Descends rebellion of the Lung and Stomach
- Benefits gathering Qi
- Benefits the breasts and promotes lactation
- Asthma, pain in the chest, fullness in the chest, palpitation, insufficient lactation, hiccup, difficulty in swallowing.
- On the anterior midline, at the level with the fourth intercostal space, midway between the nipples.
- On the midline of the sternum, in a depression level with the junction of the fourth intercostal space and the sternum.
- Puncture subcutaneously 0.3-0.5 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.