REN-06 (Qi Hai) Sea of Qi
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Fosters original Qi
- Tonifies Qi
- Tonifies the Kidneys and fortifies yang
- Rescues collapse of yang
- Regulates Qi and harmonizes blood
- Abdominal pain, enuresis, nocturnal emission, impotence, hernia, edema, diarrhea, dysentery, uterine bleeding, irregular menstruation, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, morbid leukorrhea, postpartum hemorrhage, constipation, flaccid type of apoplexy, asthma.
- On the anterior midline, 1.5 cun below the umbilicus.
- On the midline of the lower abdomen, 1.5 cun inferior to the umbilicus and 3.5 cun superior to the pubic symphysis.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.2 inches. This is one of the important points for tonification. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.