REN-04 (Guan Yuan) Origin Pass
Acupuncture Points on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel)
- Meeting Point of the Conception Vessel with the Spleen, Liver, and Kidney Channels
- Front Mu of the Small Intestine
- Fortifies the original Qi and benefits essence
- Tonifies and nourishes the Kidneys
- Warms and fortifies the Spleen
- Benefits the uterus and assists conception
- Regulates the lower jiao and benefits the Bladder
- Regulates Small Intestine Qi
- Restores collapse
- Enuresis, nocturnal emission, frequency of urination, retention of urine, hernia, irregular menstruation, morbid leukorrhea, dysmenorrhea, uterine bleeding, postpartum hemorrhage, lower abdominal pain, indigestion, diarrhea, prolapse of the rectum, flaccid type of apoplexy.
- On the anterior midline, 3 cun below the umbilicus.
- On the midline of the lower abdomen, 3 cun inferior to the umbilicus and 2 cun superior to the pubic symphysis.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.2 inches. This is one of the important points for tonification. Moxibustion is applicable.
Great care should be taken to puncture the points from Qugu (REN-02) to Shangwan (REN-13) of this meridian in pregnant women.