LU-07 (Lie Que) Broken Sequence
Acupuncture Points on the Lung Channel of Hand Tai Yin
- Luo (Connecting) Point
- Confluent Point of the Conception Vessel
- Gao Wu Command Point, Ma Dan-yang Heavenly Star Point
Common and Key Uses:
- External wind, common cold, and chronic sore throat.
- Often paired with Zhao Hai (KI-06)
- Releases the exterior and expels wind
- Promotes the descending function of the Lung
- Pacifies wind and phlegm
- Benefits the head and nape
- Opens and regulates the Conception vessel
- Regulates the water passages
- Activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Headache, migraine, neck rigidity, Cough, asthma, sore throat, facial paralysis, toothache, pain and weakness of the wrist
- Superior to the styloid process of the radius, 1.5 cun above the transverse crease of the wrist between brachioradial muscle and the tendon of long abductor muscle of the thumb.
When the index fingers and thumbs of both hands are crossed with the index finger of one hand placed on the styloid process of the radius of the other, the point is in the depression right under the tip of the index finger.
- On the radial aspect of the forearm, approximately 1.5 cun proximal to Yangxi L.I.-5, in the cleft between the tendons of brachioradialis and abductor pollicis longus.
If the forefinger is placed at Yangxi L.I.-5, in the anatomical snuffbox, and moved directly proximally over the full extent of the styloid process of the radius, the finger falls into the cleft between the two tendons.
- Puncture 0.3-0.5 inch obliquely upward. Moxibustion is applicable.