LIV-08 (Qu Quan) Spring at the Bend
Acupuncture Points on the Liver Channel of Foot Jue Yin
- He-Sea & Water Point
- Clears damp-heat from the lower jiao
- Benefits the genitals
- Invigorates blood and benefits the uterus
- Nourishes blood and yin
- Prolapse of uterus, lower abdominal pain, retention of urine, nocturnal emission, pain in the external genitalia, pruritus vulvae, pain in the medial aspect of the knee and thigh.
- When knee is flexed, the point is at the medial end of the transverse popliteal crease, posterior to the medial epicondyle of the tibia, in the depression of the anterior border of the insertions of m. semimembranosus and m. semitendinosus.
- Just superior to the medial end of the popliteal crease, in the depression anterior to the tendons of m. semitendinosus and m. semimembranosus, about 1 cun anterior to Yingu KID-10.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.5-0.8 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.