DU-09 (Zhi Yang) Extremity of Yang
Acupuncture Points on the Du Mai (Governing Vessel)
Common and Key Uses:
- Fortifies the Spleen, drains dampness and regulates the middle jiao
- Treats jaundice
- Unbinds the chest
- Jaundice, cough, asthma, stiffness of the back, pain in the chest and back.
- Below the spinous process of the seventh thoracic vertebra, approximately at the level with the inferior angle of the scapula.
- On the midline of the back, in the depression below the spinous process of the seventh thoracic vertebra.
- Puncture obliquely upward 0.5-1.0 inch. Moxibustion is applicable.