BL-57 (Cheng Shan) Mountain Support
Acupuncture Points on the Bladder Channel of Foot Tai Yang
- Ma Dan-yang Heavenly Star Point
Common and Key Uses:
- Distal point for hemorrhoids
- Relaxes the sinews, activates the channel and alleviates pain
- Benefits the calf and heel
- Treats hemorrhoids
- Low back pain, spasm of the gastrocnemius, hemorrhoids, constipation, beriberi.
- On the posterior midline of the leg, between Weizhong (BL-40) and Kunlun (BL-60), in a pointed depression formed below the gastrocnemius muscle belly
when the leg is stretched or the heel is lifted.
- On the lower leg, in the depression formed below the bellies of the gastrocnemius muscle when the muscle is flexed, approximately 8 cun distal to Weizhong BL-40, i.e. midway between Weizhong BL-40 and Kunlun BL-60.
- Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.2 inches. Moxibustion is applicable.